Optimization techniques

andria lan
Hi all,

What is the best optimization techniques of dimensionality reduction in features selection?

What are the current optimization technique for dimensionality reduction in features selection that are used in Weka?

Thanks in advance.

Andria

Re: Optimization techniques

You can find out which search techniques for attribute selection are available in the core WEKA distribution by looking at the classes that implement ASSearch:

  http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.stable-3-8/weka/attributeSelection/ASSearch.html

However, there are many other search techniques in the WEKA packages. Take a look at the packages with the tag "attribute selection".

I don't think there is agreement on which techniques are "best". In particular, there are differences in time complexity between techniques. You should read up on all the techniques and evaluate the ones that are suitable in your context.