Manually installing a Weka plugin

phiroc
Hello,

does anyone know how to manually install a plugin, (say, when the machine Weka is installed on doesn't have access to Internet)?

Many thanks.

Philippe

Re: Manually installing a Weka plugin

Peter Reutemann
> does anyone know how to manually install a plugin, (say, when the machine Weka is installed on doesn't have access to Internet)?

Just download the packages manually from sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

And then install the zip files via the "File/URL" button on the right
hand side in the package manager user interface.

Re: Manually installing a Weka plugin

phiroc
Good morning,

unfortunately, the Package Manager User Interface is not accessible in Weka 3.8.1 on my Windows workstation with no Internet access.

When I select the Tools->Package Manager Menu in the Weka GUI Chooser, a warning dialog appears displaying the following message:

"There was a problem establishing the package meta data cache. We'll try to use the repository directly".

The dialog has two buttons: OK and Show Error. Pressing the former has no other effect than closing the dialog.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Philippe

> does anyone know how to manually install a plugin, (say, when the machine Weka is installed on doesn't have access to Internet)?

Just download the packages manually from sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

And then install the zip files via the "File/URL" button on the right
hand side in the package manager user interface.

does anyone know how to manually install a plugin, (say, when the machine Weka is installed on doesn't have access to Internet)?

Just download the packages manually from sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

And then install the zip files via the "File/URL" button on the right
hand side in the package manager user interface.

Cheers, Peter

Start up Weka in offline mode for the package manager:

http://weka.wikispaces.com/How+do+I+use+the+package+manager%3F#Package manager property file

http://www.data-mining.co.nz

Re: Manually installing a Weka plugin

phiroc
Hi Peter,

I've added the following entries to the PackageManager.props:

weka.packageManager.offline=true
weka.packageManager.loadPackages=true

When I run Weka and select the Package Manager (offline) Menu, a dialog appears displaying the following message:

"the package manager is unavailable due to the fact that there is no cached package meta data and we are offline".

does anyone know how to manually install a plugin, (say, when the machine Weka is installed on doesn't have access to Internet)?

Just download the packages manually from sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

And then install the zip files via the "File/URL" button on the right
hand side in the package manager user interface.

Cheers, Peter
Start up Weka in offline mode for the package manager:

http://weka.wikispaces.com/How+do+I+use+the+package+manager%3F#Package manager property file

Cheers, Peter

Just copy the "wekafiles" directory (in %USERPROFILE%, ie your home directory) over from a machine where you initialized the package manager cache.

http://www.data-mining.co.nz

Re: Manually installing a Weka plugin

Alternatively, run the package manager from a shell to install the package using the package .zip file you have downloaded:

java -cp <PATH_TO_FOLDER_CONTAINING_WEKA_JAR>/weka.jar -Dweka.packageManager.offline=true weka.core.WekaPackageManager -install-package <FULL_PATH_TO_PACKAGE_ZIP_FILE>

This doesn’t require any extra configuration or manual copying of stuff.

> On 14/02/2018, at 7:00 AM, Peter Reutemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On February 13, 2018 11:24:15 PM GMT+13:00, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I've added the following entries to the PackageManager.props:
>
> weka.packageManager.offline=true
> weka.packageManager.loadPackages=true
>
> When I run Weka and select the Package Manager (offline) Menu, a dialog appears displaying the following message:
>
> "the package manager is unavailable due to the fact that there is no cached package meta data and we are offline".

Running the below command did the trick. Thank you very much.