J48 in combination with the meta classifier FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector through WEKA Explorer

J48 in combination with the meta classifier FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector through WEKA Explorer

david garcia narbona

Hello, on the WEKA Explorer GUI, once I've chosen a
classifier, for example J48, I'd like to use it in
combination with the meta classifier
FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector, but when I
do double click on the J48 classifier, in the window
which appears I can't select it, but I remember 3 or
4 weeks ago I could select thar meta classifier but I don't remember very good now how I did it,
somebody could help me?

Thanks!

Re: J48 in combination with the meta classifier FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector through WEKA Explorer

Paul m
> combination with the meta classifier
> FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector,
Unless I've misunderstood what has been said
weka.filters.unsupervised.attribute.StringToWordVector is not a
classifier.. It is a string attribute modifier.

You would have to pass your dataset through the filter first, then
classify it using j48... There are options in weka to stack various
classifiers, and also utilise classifiers during attribute selection,
but this would normally be done when using supervised techniques.

/paul

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:35:47, david garcia narbona
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, on the WEKA Explorer GUI, once I've chosen a
> classifier, for example J48, I'd like to use it in
> combination with the meta classifier
> FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector, but when I
> do double click on the J48 classifier, in the window
> which appears I can't select it, but I remember 3 or
> 4 weeks ago I could select thar meta classifier but I don't remember very good now how I did it,
> somebody could help me?
>
> Thanks!

Re: J48 in combination with the meta classifier FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector through WEKA Explorer

> Hello, on the WEKA Explorer GUI, once I've chosen a
> classifier, for example J48, I'd like to use it in
> combination with the meta classifier
> FilteredClassifier/StringToWordVector, but when I
> do double click on the J48 classifier, in the window
> which appears I can't select it, but I remember 3 or
> 4 weeks ago I could select thar meta classifier but I don't remember very good now how I did it,

Instead of choosing J48, select the meta classifier FilteredClassifier
first and then set the StringToWordVector as Filter and the J48 as
classifier in the meta classifier. That should do the trick...

HTH

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/     +64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174