Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

mkarmi
Hi,

I would like to know, how can we implement or run hybrid feature (attribute) selection using the explorer in Weka. I searched many in your mailing list and the internet and couldn't find a clear answer.

Thank you

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

mkarmi
Thank you Ebie for your reply.

I am looking for a way to hybrid for example mRMR (filter) with Wrapper such as PSO or Genetic Algorithm. Can you kindly tell me how to implement that in WEKA.

Thank you

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

Take a look at RerankingSearch from the RerankingSearch package:

  http://weka.sourceforge.net/packageMetaData/RerankingSearch/index.html

> On 30/07/2017, at 9:25 PM, mkarmi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Ebie for your reply.
>
> I am looking for a way to hybrid for example mRMR (filter) with Wrapper such
> as PSO or Genetic Algorithm. Can you kindly tell me how to implement that in
> WEKA.
>
> Thank you

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

mkarmi
Hi Eibe,

Thank you for your efforts. But this is not what I am looking for.
I will try to explain.
Suppose that I want to perform a hybrid of feature selection algorithms such as I want to make a hybrid of genetic search and PSO. Or a hybrid of mRMR and PSO.

Is there a way to hybrid them directly in weka or shall I apply genetic search first then on the result apply the PSO for example. Is it like this or is there a mechanism available inside weka that can be use.

Thanks and cheers
mkarmi

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

You will probably have to code this up yourself.

> On 1/08/2017, at 5:52 AM, mkarmi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eibe,
>
> Thank you for your efforts. But this is not what I am looking for.
> I will try to explain.
> Suppose that I want to perform a hybrid of feature selection algorithms such
> as I want to make a hybrid of genetic search and PSO. Or a hybrid of mRMR
> and PSO.
>
> Is there a way to hybrid them directly in weka or shall I apply genetic
> search first then on the result apply the PSO for example. Is it like this
> or is there a mechanism available inside weka that can be use.
>
> Thanks and cheers
> mkarmi

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

mkarmi
Hi Ebie,

Thank you once more for  your efforts.

I am new into Weka and have no experience in WEKA source code. Can you please give me an idea how to implement hybrid feature selection either using weka or in general.

Thanks and cheers,
makarmi

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

You could use the AttributeSelection filter to first run GA-based selection and then apply this filter again with another attribute selection scheme. Not sure whether this is what you have in mind. If not, then perhaps somebody else will be able to help you.

> On 1/08/2017, at 8:22 PM, mkarmi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ebie,
>
> Thank you once more for  your efforts.
>
> I am new into Weka and have no experience in WEKA source code. Can you
> please give me an idea how to implement hybrid feature selection either
> using weka or in general.
>
> Thanks and cheers,
> makarmi

Re: Howw to run/ apply hybrid feature selection in Weka

mkarmi
Thank you Ebie.

This is what I am looking for.

Much Appreciated,