How to find Geometric Mean in Weka experimenter Comparison List

How to find Geometric Mean in Weka experimenter Comparison List

Arslaan Mazhar
Dear all ! Can you tell me how can I find the geometric mean (Gm) metric score in Weka, because i didn't find G mean in experimenter comparison list or in experimenter results. Thank you.

Re: How to find Geometric Mean in Weka experimenter Comparison List

The Experimenter does not show the geometric mean, but you can output the results in multiple formats, including CSV format, which means you can calculate the geometric mean using some other tool.

If you use a database as the backend for storing the results, you can also use SQL to compute the geometric mean.

If you feel adventurous, and you only want to use WEKA, another option may be to open the data in the Explorer. The RELAGGS filter can be used to aggregate results across relation-valued attributes. You can create a relation-valued attribute based on the values of a given nominal attribute using the PropositionToMultiinstance filter. (A complex nominal attribute can be created using the CartesianProduct filter.) The MathExpression filter can be used to take the logarithm of an attribute. Then you can take the average of that and exponentiate it in the end. (This involves three applications of the MathExpression filter.)

> On 27 May 2017, at 20:08, Arslaan Mazhar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all ! Can you tell me how can I find the geometric mean (Gm) metric score in Weka, because i didn't find G mean in experimenter comparison list or in experimenter results. Thank you.
> Sent from the WEKA mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: How to find Geometric Mean in Weka experimenter Comparison List

Arslaan Mazhar
Thank you so much Eibe. it's really helpful.

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Eibe Frank-2 [via WEKA] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Experimenter does not show the geometric mean, but you can output the results in multiple formats, including CSV format, which means you can calculate the geometric mean using some other tool.

If you use a database as the backend for storing the results, you can also use SQL to compute the geometric mean.

If you feel adventurous, and you only want to use WEKA, another option may be to open the data in the Explorer. The RELAGGS filter can be used to aggregate results across relation-valued attributes. You can create a relation-valued attribute based on the values of a given nominal attribute using the PropositionToMultiinstance filter. (A complex nominal attribute can be created using the CartesianProduct filter.) The MathExpression filter can be used to take the logarithm of an attribute. Then you can take the average of that and exponentiate it in the end. (This involves three applications of the MathExpression filter.)

> On 27 May 2017, at 20:08, Arslaan Mazhar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all ! Can you tell me how can I find the geometric mean (Gm) metric score in Weka, because i didn't find G mean in experimenter comparison list or in experimenter results. Thank you.
> Sent from the WEKA mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/How-to-find-Geometric-Mean-in-Weka-experimenter-Comparison-List-tp40753p40764.html
To unsubscribe from How to find Geometric Mean in Weka experimenter Comparison List, click here.
NAML