Error for xgboost in MLRClassifer with Weka 3.8.1

Error for xgboost in MLRClassifer with Weka 3.8.1

Shu-Ju Tu
Hi Weka users,

I was excited to learn using different classifiers in R through Weka
from the "Advanced Data Mining with Weka".

I set up everything based on the lessons 3X from Dr. Eibe Frank.
Everything goes great with our Weka 3.8.1.

Then I tried the xgboost classifier and some error message jumps up.
Something like classif.xgboost is not available.

I tried other classifiers and they all work great.

Please kindly get back to us when you experienced users get a chance.

Thanks,
Shu-Ju

Re: Error for xgboost in MLRClassifer with Weka 3.8.1

classif.xgboost works fine for me with WEKA 3.9.2-SNAPSHOT and R 3.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

I had some problems install R libraries for 64-bit R 3.4.0 on Windows 10, using WEKA 3.8.1. I had to manually install the xgboost package by issuing the command

install.packages(“xgboost”)

in R. However, installation sometimes failed. I had to retry several times before it completed successfully.