Discretize

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Discretize

jason roger

Hi all,

I have two numeric attributed (no class), and I want to use Apriori. I applied unsupervised discretize filter in the preprocess panel, so it convert only first attribute to nominal but not the second one because it considered it as a class.

My question, what is the parameter of the unsupervised descrerize that should I configure to allow me discretize both attributes?

P.S.: I prefer discretize in my case instead of using the filter NumeticToNominal.

Thanks in advance.
Jason


_______________________________________________
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: [hidden email]
List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Discretize

Eibe Frank-2
Administrator
In the combo box in the Preprocess panel that allows you to set the class attribute (just above the histogram), select "No class". Then, apply the filter.

Cheers,
Eibe

> On 3 Jan 2015, at 13:45, jason roger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have two numeric attributed (no class), and I want to use Apriori. I applied unsupervised discretize filter in the preprocess panel, so it convert only first attribute to nominal but not the second one because it considered it as a class.
>
> My question, what is the parameter of the unsupervised descrerize that should I configure to allow me discretize both attributes?
>
> P.S.: I prefer discretize in my case instead of using the filter NumeticToNominal.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jason
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wekalist mailing list
> Send posts to: [hidden email]
> List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
> List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html

_______________________________________________
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: [hidden email]
List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Discretize

jason roger

Thanks Eibe. It works well.

Regards,
Jason

On Jan 4, 2015 5:40 AM, "Eibe Frank" <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the combo box in the Preprocess panel that allows you to set the class attribute (just above the histogram), select "No class". Then, apply the filter.

Cheers,
Eibe

> On 3 Jan 2015, at 13:45, jason roger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have two numeric attributed (no class), and I want to use Apriori. I applied unsupervised discretize filter in the preprocess panel, so it convert only first attribute to nominal but not the second one because it considered it as a class.
>
> My question, what is the parameter of the unsupervised descrerize that should I configure to allow me discretize both attributes?
>
> P.S.: I prefer discretize in my case instead of using the filter NumeticToNominal.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jason
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wekalist mailing list
> Send posts to: [hidden email]
> List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
> List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html

_______________________________________________
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: [hidden email]
List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html

_______________________________________________
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: [hidden email]
List info and subscription status: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Discretize

Ally
In reply to this post by Eibe Frank-2
Hello,

I'm very new to working with Weka and can't find the option where I have to select "No class". Could you please show me a printscreen of it?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Discretize

Eibe Frank-2
Administrator
In the combo box in the Preprocess panel that allows you to set the class attribute (just above the histogram), select "No class".

Cheers,
Eibe

> On 17 May 2017, at 20:13, Ally <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm very new to working with Weka and can't find the option where I have to
> select "No class". Could you please show me a printscreen of it?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/Discretize-tp33295p40643.html
> Sent from the WEKA mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Wekalist mailing list
> Send posts to: [hidden email]
> List info and subscription status: https://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
> List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html

_______________________________________________
Wekalist mailing list
Send posts to: [hidden email]
List info and subscription status: https://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wekalist
List etiquette: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/mailinglist_etiquette.html