Definition of "evolving data stream"

Ricardo Vargas
Hi.

During Advanced Data Mining with Weka course, it is cited the term "evolving data stream". I understood it as a stream whose PDF (probability density function) changes significantly over time, but I am not sure if this is a good definition.

Does anyone know a better definition of this term, please?

Thanks.

Ricardo Vargas

Re: Definition of "evolving data stream"

You might want to send this question to the MOA mailing list. That would be the best place to ask.

> On 8/05/2017, at 10:44 AM, Ricardo Vargas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> During Advanced Data Mining with Weka course, it is cited the term "evolving data stream". I understood it as a stream whose PDF (probability density function) changes significantly over time, but I am not sure if this is a good definition.
>
> Does anyone know a better definition of this term, please?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ricardo Vargas

Re: Definition of "evolving data stream"

> During Advanced Data Mining with Weka course, it is cited the term "evolving
> data stream". I understood it as a stream whose PDF (probability density
> function) changes significantly over time, but I am not sure if this is a
> good definition.
>
> Does anyone know a better definition of this term, please?

"Concept drift"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_drift