Dear All,

Stanley, Yemin Shi
Hi, All, I need some help on the dataset output.
After discretization, I need to output the discretized features. For example, a feature ranges from 1 to 100, could be divided into 1-15,16-28,29-100. Can I output features as 1,2 and 3?

Thank you
Stanley, Yemin Shi

Yahoo! Sports

how to output the discretized features

Stanley, Yemin Shi
Well, I will rephrase in this way.
My question is how to output the discretized features into some format that could be imported by matlab.
Since the discretized attributes, ranging from 1 to 100, are represented by '1-15','16-18','29-100'. I would like to transfer them into 1,2,3 instead of ranges,
Anyone know how to handle that?

Best
Stanley

"Stanley, Yemin Shi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, All, I need some help on the dataset output.
After discretization, I need to output the discretized features. For example, a feature ranges from 1 to 100, could be divided into 1-15,16-28,29-100. Can I output features as 1,2 and 3?

Thank you
Stanley, Yemin Shi

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football _______________________________________________

Re: how to output the discretized features

Peter Reutemann
> Well, I will rephrase in this way.
> My question is how to output the discretized features into some format
> that could be imported by matlab.
> Since the discretized attributes, ranging from 1 to 100, are represented
> by '1-15','16-18','29-100'. I would like to transfer them into 1,2,3
> instead of ranges,

This link might help you:
   http://weka.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Rename_Attribute_Values

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/     +64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174