Apriori Rule Formation with Numeric Attribute

Apriori Rule Formation with Numeric Attribute

Aftab Akram
Hi
I have a dataset which is extracted from LMS. It has all numeric attributes. I have found that we cannot use Apriori algorithm for numeric attributes. Is there way that we can use apriori algorithm for numeric attributes?. Please note that numeric to nominal conversion of most of attributes is not feasible. Is there any alternate algorithm which can I use for this purpose instead of apriori algorithm?

Thanks.

Aftab Akram

Re: Apriori Rule Formation with Numeric Attribute

Peter Reutemann-3
On June 18, 2017 1:31:15 AM GMT+12:00, Aftab Akram <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
I have a dataset which is extracted from LMS. It has all numeric attributes. I have found that we cannot use Apriori algorithm for numeric attributes. Is there way that we can use apriori algorithm for numeric attributes?. Please note that numeric to nominal conversion of most of attributes is not feasible. Is there any alternate algorithm which can I use for this purpose instead of apriori algorithm?

Thanks.

Aftab Akram

Have you thought about discretizing your data?

http://www.data-mining.co.nz